Induced Hunger
There's this thing called induced hunger. What happens is that one moment, i don't feel like eating. Then i watch a programme showing something to do with food of i see a very tantalising-looking poster or I walk past some stall that I like in the shopping mall and then i suddenly feel like eating... I know this by experience. A few times, when i have meals with ppl, i tell my frens i dun really feel like eating.. and den i change my mind cos i saw how nice the food around me looks... Even sometimes when I'm fool or i've already eaten not to long ago, I would still feel like eating some more... :P
And so i was meditating on this concept of induced hunger... I realised that there is a difference between excitement in church and real hunger for God... Many times in church we can get really excited and emotionally fired up but being spiritually hungry is a different thing altogether.. So I was asking the Lord how to get hungry... The thing is, when we taste and see that the Lord is good, when we walk with Him and experience Him, experience the reality of His Word in our lives, then we are hungry for Him. Induced huger applies in the spiritual too! When we have the eyes that see and the ears that hear and the heart that understands His Word and experiences Him, we are able to catch the things of the Spirit. When we have eyes that see and ears that hear, we don't just hear the Word of God and go back unchanged but His Word sinks in and penetrates our lives and we are transformed by it! As the senses are key to induced hunger, I believe that having eyes that see and ears that hear and hearts that understand His Word are the keys to spiritual hunger.
Stir up a hunger in our hearts, Lord.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home